Student visa application should be applied to the Turkish consulate nearest to the residence of the student in his/her country. One must obtain a student visa before departing from his/her home country as a requirement to complete the university registration procedure since the student visa cannot be obtained from Turkey.
Visa rules change in every country. Thus, it is recommended to contact with the Consulate and Embassy of Turkey in your country.
Generally, along to the acceptance letter from a Turkish university these documents are required:
1. Passport: it should be valid at least six months longer than the expiry date of the requested visa.
2. Visa Application form given by the consulate
4. Letter of Acceptance from a university
5. Visa fee
Some countries also require
6. Police clearance certificate
7. Medical certificate stating that the person suffers from no medical issues
After arriving to Turkey with the student visa, one must apply for the residence permit preferably once they arrive Turkey but in 90 days at most (this period may differ from one country to the other) since the visa is only valid up to 90 days. You can click here for more information about the residence permit.
Student visa is only for one entry to Turkey. Before leaving Turkey, one must have made an appointment for residence permit. In case of leaving Turkey without applying for a residence permit, the student visa will be cancelled.
- A student visa is not required from International students, whose parents have work visa and residence permit, the students with double citizenship and one of them is Turkish and students with BLUE CARD
- Please remember that your university may help you during the residence permit procedure.
- Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. Other purposes, such as work and study, require regular visa given by Embassies or Consulates.