It is important to mention that these requirements are general and they might differ
from one university to the other because every university sets its own requirements and criteria.
Who can apply?
Students who have finished their high school with a diploma equivalent to the
Turkish one or who are currently a senior in high school and who meet the application
requirements of the university they wish to apply for.
These following requirements might be required for admission
- The international application (required from the university the applicant is applying for)
- High school diploma equivalent (TR.denk) to the Turkish one (certified by notary public offices, translated to Turkish by an accredited translation office and attached to the original document)
- Sealed and approved official transcript of the high school courses and grades (certified by notary public offices)
- Paper copy of the university admission exam result or diploma grade (each university got its own acceptable exams and diplomas and minimum Eligibility scores and grades). Look here for the universities and their acceptable certificates and click here for the list of exams that might be asked (such as, YÖS, SAT…)http://www.yok.gov.tr/documents/10279/26532925/2016_2017_Yurtdisi_Kriterleri_080816.xlsx
- Language proficiency score. (it depends on the language of instruction used in the program the applicant is applying for; applying for a Turkish program means the applicant should have a Turkish proficiency test, if it is an English program then the applicant needs a proficiency in English…). The accepted exams (TOFEL, ILETS…) and their minimum eligible score depends on the university and program the applicant is applying for. Some universities accept the student without this document but ask the student to take the university’s proficiency test upon arrival, those who fail take the one-year language program before starting the academic study.
- Personal statement/essay (explainingyour qualities, why should you be accepted, the reason for choosing this program…)
- Letters of recommendation (some universities)
- Application fees
- Financial guarantee letter
*Student visa, valid passport (certified by notary public offices), Residence Permit and all the official documents are asked from international students after getting admission
It is very much recommended to contact us or the university your applying for in order to make sure of its requirements and the application dates and deadlines